Senior Linux Engineer (English version)
Are you a Linux expert who is up to date with the latest techniques and would you like to share your extensive knowledge and experience with your colleagues? Then we have an excellent challenge for you!
As a Senior Linux Engineer you work on setting up and improving new and existing customer environments on a daily basis. You assist colleagues in answering customer questions and you tackle technical issues.
Our ideal new colleague is a specialist who, in addition to being specialized in Linux, is good at building scripts and has extensive experience with open-source management tools and automation. You also have knowledge and experience with the (comparable) techniques as described below or you can quickly master them.
- Setting up and managing Linux servers (experience with Ubuntu is a plus).
- Installation & Provisioning (PXE, Kickstart)
- Configuration & Automation (experience with Ansible is a plus)
- Monitoring (Nagios)
- Scripting knowledge (Bash, Python, or similar tooling)
- Experience with network technology (TCP stack, understanding the OSI model is an advantage)
- Security (SSL, hardening)
- Experience with cluster environments (HAProxy, Keepalived, experience with HA stack is a plus)
In addition to your broad technical knowledge, you also have:
- HBO working and thinking level
- Demonstrable experience with (web) hosting
- Experience with project and team coordination
- Guidance of customer processes
- Experience with stakeholder management
- You have good social and communication skills
- You are customer-oriented and know how to act proactively on customer needs, both internally and externally
- You can adopt a helicopter view which allows you to keep track of processes and optimize them
- You know how to identify the needs of all stakeholders and is able to act on them
- You know how to take an exemplary role for your team and you enjoy guiding them
- You are a team player, but have no problems working as an independent
- You are blessed with a good dose of humor ;)
We invite both Dutch and English-speaking candidates to apply.
What we offer
- An informal, relaxed and technically advanced dotcom culture
- Working on the coolest digital projects in the Netherlands
- Monthly drinks (with specialty beer!), BBQs in the summer and memorable parties
- You decide how you work best! Dell or Apple laptops are available to you
- Determine yourself which OS you use (Linux, Windows, OSx)
- Attention to personal development and career opportunities
- Free Virtual Dedicated Server
- A monthly fee to pay for your internet access at home.
- A good insurance policy ... in case something happens!
Curious about your future colleagues? Click here and take a look at the workplace.
True is a managed hosting provider for optimized web and digital workplace environments. Since 2000 we have been on a mission to organize the digital landscape of organizations in the smartest way possible. We do this for clients such as Tweakers, AMBER Alert, VakantieVeilingen, 24Kitchen and De Vegetarische Slager. Want to know more? Go to true.nl/ons- verhaal.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Please click the red button "Reageer op de Vacature" to hand in your application.